Where I Can't get off my Soap Box, Even Though I Want to

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Last Saturday Maddie went to her Junior Prom. Really. Yes I am having a hard time digesting that my baby girl is old enough for a prom...with a date...looking like this:


Truly she was as beautiful as can be and my heart is full of all kinds of monumentally sappy stuff, but lets leave that behind and discuss how tasteful her dress and her friend Serene's dress are compared to all of the other 16 year old girls'.

Let us also ponder what is on the mind of these lovely young ladies mothers and fathers. As in, WHAT are they thinking? I know I'm sounding like a massive prude here, and these dresses are certainly more tasteful than many we saw while we were shopping, but really these girls aren't 25 years old at a club, they are 16 year old girls going to a high school dance! I hurts my heart to see them all dressed up like their bodies are a commodity.

On a happier note (one that won't make Maddie have to die), Maddie and her friend Kirk had a great time.

And Marc and I had a bittersweet moment, taking pictures, sending her off, and then collapsing on the couch to wait for her text saying that the dance was fun and she was safe at her friend's house for a sleepover. Where does the time go?

4 Responses to “Where I Can't get off my Soap Box, Even Though I Want to”

  1. G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! I've loved looking at her pictures and showing them off to all my friends and coworkers! I agree with your comments. Have to say I was a little surprised to see some of those itty bitty dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boy Sarah went to the prom with last year...had a beard! Nuf said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie looks so beautiful! Isn't it amazing how classy a modest dress can look?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe it either! She is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs