Show Off

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Right then, I'm thinking it could conceivably be in bad taste to post about the things I got for Christmas, but I can't quite get mortified enough to stop myself.
Maddie gave Marc and I this beautiful glass lamp. Wowee is it fun to have a daughter who actually earns money and is willing to spend it! We don't have any overhead lighting in the dining room so this was totally needed, too.

A note about the beautiful Madonna and child painting in this picture. My Aunt Colleen bought it for me when we were in Venice (that is a good story) and it is my favorite thing in the house. It also works as a litmus test when people come over for the first time. See, if you look at it and ask me about it and mention that it's lovely then I imagine we will be kindred spirits. If, however, you look at it and then hem and haw about how it is "interesting," or worse yet, you don't notice it at all, then I am inclined to believe our hearts just don't speak the same language.

So now you know, you didn't imagine it, I AM judging you!

Another absolute gem, Ellie made us a calendar with original art work for every month of the year. This, of course, is January with snowflakes (la la ha ha no snow where we live :)


Katie actually painted this Christmas angel for us. I am so in love with it!

And finally, that same Aunt Colleen gave me this fabulous piece of barnacle shell cluster thingie. I cannot get a photo that actually does it justice. It is gorgeous!

So there! Am I the luckiest lady or what?

One Response to “Show Off”

  1. I'm so glad I passed the litmus test. Your Madonna is haunting. Also, I will be printing up Madonnas next Christmas because I want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!! (I'd say I'm kidding, but I'm really not. Nope, not at all.)

    Aren't you just bursting with pride for Katie & her painting??? I totally am. She completely rocked it out.

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs