Summer Daze

Monday, May 25, 2009

School will be out in just two weeks; it is seriously time to make my plans. Last year I wrote about Points as a way of managing the crazies, but for some reason I'm just not feeling it this year.

I'm more focused on goals for this summer. Goal number one is getting Ellie caught up in reading. This one scares me to death, honestly I am a good mother in most ways but I am horrible at tutoring my kids. It always ends in sorrow; sometimes with me locked in the bathroom. I'm not exaggerating.

But read she must so I will sally forth to the Teacher's store near our house and try to buy some hand holding guidance type book program thingamagigger. Yep.

Goal number two is moving Jonathan along in Scouts. Okay, I'll just admit it, I stink at Scouts, too. But I'm hoping that by writing it down (here) I'll do better. I'm visualizing myself remembering to look at the darned Scout book and helping Jonathan get through it before school starts.

Speaking of school, I am SO over homework. Can't we just forget it for the last weeks of school?

And finally, a goal for the girls. I'll have to pray and ponder about that one and get back to you. Maybe I will make them my personal trainers and give them the job of making me loose 15 lbs. Can I do that?

3 Responses to “Summer Daze”

  1. Shelley, Highly recommend "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." I've seen three-year-olds reading third grade level chapter books after completing this book. Got mine off amazon. It Works! Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    You can get really Cheap tickets for morning movies Atr the theator in Pleasant hill Maybe as a payoff
    Bloggerflogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer reading for us, but it's easier for you to find books for girls! Try a mandatory hour reading. They fight it in the beginning,but then they settle if they know you won't budge. I love your picture!

    ReplyDelete

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs