Sophomore Already

Friday, August 10, 2012

Maddie just drove off into the wild, (Big) blue sunset. She's on her way to her second year at BYU and although it is hard to say goodbye it is nowhere near as agonizing as it was last year.

She is going to be a Resident Assistant, which, cha-ching, pays for her room and board, and made it possible for Marc and I to buy her a bright red Toyota Prius. We feel like such good parents, really. 

My only concern is that she will be overwhelmed caring for the 38 girls she will be responsible for. I have had her practicing this mantra all summer, "Their problems are not my problems. I cannot solve their problems. I am a gateway to counseling." Let's hope she remembers her mom's sage counsel, although my Dad laughed when he heard her mantra. He said I was raised by my mom and Maddie was raised by me and that's just funny.

Whatever.

Post a Comment

Now you say something!

 

Copyright © Barnaclebutt | Premade Blog Design by Lilipop Designs