I think the phrase "mixed feelings" must have been invented by a parent with a child on the cusp of adulthood. Here is my beautiful daughter, who as of Friday can DRIVE, and it is totally freaking me out.
Archive for January 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Recently my Mom made bacon wrapped meatloaf for Sunday dinner. Don't turn your health-conscious-low-fat nose up; if you had walked through her door and smelled that meatloaf you would have been powerless to resist too.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Back in October Ellie was in the critically acclaimed elementary school production of Jackie and the Beanstalk. She was one of the singing farmers who trades magic beans to Jackie for her cow. She was so cute! They all were. It would be a crime not to share just because I am a negligent blogger and skipped the fall. Ellie is the farmer in the green plaid shirt.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
- Oh boy there is a lot of screaming going on over here tonight! Ellie is mid tantrum and it is something to behold and behear.
- I made Maddie's drivers licences appointment for the end of this month and I have been stewing about it ever since. Stewing with nerves.
- Jonathan won't wear a coat, and even though we live in California it is the foggy cold San Francisco part so it makes me look like a bad mother when he has no coat plus hair that's too long and his shirt doesn't match his shorts. Come to think of it, shorts look bad too. And yes, I still care that I look like a bad mother. But not enough to actually do anything about it. Except whine.
- Katie is studying very hard for Spanish. I am proud.
- Ellie is still yelling.
- Maddie is mad at me because I won't drive her to Chipotle before dinner. She says she needs a burrito.
- I need chocolate. And quiet.
- Marc isn't home yet but when he is I think we should hide under the covers and yell, "no hay blue aqui!"